Saturday, October 31, 2009

Time for Christmas shopping

Guess what time it is?!

At least it's a Friday night this time.

Before starting this note, I took advantage of the quiet to begin Christmas shopping. Bought a few things online but not via Amazon so far. Some years I've accomplished all shopping via Amazon.

I bought Sue a new laptop for Halloween. Spent less than $400 and it's an awesome machine! It's up and working as our Den system now, but have to put a bunch of our software on it tomorrow. The old Den desktop system was getting too slow for every day use, but we've kept it around as a file server for the home network. The new machine has Windows 7; looks different from XP, but sure was a dream when I went to connect the new box to the network...easiest network install I've ever experienced.

Soggy, gray fall here. Among the wettest Octobers on record for Chicagoland. Also among the coolest. I sure hope this isn't a sign for winter/snow ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment