Sunday, July 18, 2010

Not an insomniac post

Hey all, here are some thoughts coming from me in the late afternoon rather than the middle of the night. I don't know that there will be a greater wisdom or deeper thoughts. But at least They are coming during daylight hours.

It's a Sunday afternoon and Sue has gone to do some shopping. She will be bringing back a sandwich, so we don't have to worry about what to cook for supper. Laura is working today.

It's been hot as billy H here, but probably the same way at your house. We haven't had "real" summer here for a few years, so it's been a bit hard to take. Hard to believe now that when I was young, I'd do physical labor all day out in this kind of heat and go home and get cleaned up and be ready to go out and howl at night. Doesn't work that way these days.

We had a pair of beagles staying with us for 10 days or so.....our Minister was on vacation and we got the dogs. Sue has become a real dog whisperer, and had them whipped into pretty good shape. But it's work, and while we enjoy their occasional visits, it's nice when they go home too.

Some of you may have noticed my postings about getting a spiffy new smart phone....and Android Incredible. It's really, really powerful.....and it costs a bit less for care and feeding than my former Blackberry. I am really pleased with it. Really pleased. Of course, a bigger and better version came out about two weeks after I got mine....can't be on top of technology for long these days. I'm just beginning to get my arms around what this phone can do and how to make it work for me.

I don't know that I know much else, but figured that as long as I had a few odd moments it was time to try doing better at staying up to date.

Everybody take care and let me know what's happening on your end as time permits.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment