Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lost my aunt last week

My Dad's sister Edna died on June 12, 4 years to the day after my brother Bruce died four years earlier.

Edna was one of my favorite relatives. We frequently went to what Mom called "down home" where we nearly always stayed either at her brother's or her mother's place, but the visit almost always included a Sunday dinner at Aunt Edna's and Uncle Al's and the cousins Larry, Janet, Norma, Joyce and Scott (as the years passed the cousin group got smaller at dinners as they went off to school, married and moved away.) Still, I stay in close touch with Norma and Joyce to whom I am closest in age (sandwiched firmly in the middle).

Uncle Al has been gone for years now. Edna has gone to join him after what sounds like a very peaceful passing at just about a month short of her 89th birthday. She will be buried with Al, at Badger Hill Cemetery in Gladbrook, Iowa, just a few steps from my Dad and Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment