Friday, November 27, 2009

A blessedly quiet Thanksgiving

We had a really nice day.

As things worked out, Rob, Amanda, and Nathan arrived about 6:00 p.m. That left us with a well-planned menu and lots of time to get it all put together. Everything was done and ready to serve except for the gravy failure. We just did without the gravy.

Rob brought his new camera.....and Ebay acquisition. Like me , he has tired of the short comings of the point and shoot digital cameras and sought to get a good SLR camera. Unlike me, he got serious and went after one. He found a used unit through the WWW that cost only and arm and not both an arm and leg. He tells me that's his Christmas present...Amanda's is a TV that hangs over the fireplace mantel.

Laura has no big news; at least none she's shared with her dad. She has given up two boyfriends in the last several months, but was spending time with the one before them again (I think; at least that's what I think I've pieced together.) Poor kid wasn't feeling good today (Friday). Sounds like the 24 hour crud I had not long ago...let's hope it's the 24 hour crud.

Nathan is getting big. I over heard Sue working on his Mom about setting a christening date....she has gotten a gown for him, but it will soon be too small. I didn't hear whether there was consensus for the date.

No big news from me. I have no idea what Sue wants or needs for Christmas. Maybe I'll do some online shopping when I finish up this note and find some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment