Friday, November 20, 2009

Work stuff today

Things are moving forward mostly, but a few setbacks that are frankly staggering.

Found a flaw in the way the new forecasting software is handling one scenario. Our software provider is in denial about the issue. We think they are violating a basic premise of the business they sold us to support. It will be interesting to watch this play out.

On the other hand, as a whole we are making progress and improvement. So, over all I'm pleased with where we are....but the software problem we found will not go away by itself, it will only compound with time.

Also at work, we will be installing SAP to run the business....a really big deal. Both my boss and his will be assigned to the project full time. I will be tapped to be a "subject matter expert" supporting the implementation while seeing that my every day duties are performed as well. This is a project that will take two years to complete and which will literally reshape how the entire company does business.....like I said, a really big deal.

In the more mundane vane, I need to schedule to use up 4.5 days of vacation before the end of the year. I've agreed to cover the week between Christmas and New Years when nearly everybody else will be gone. I'll probably work a series of 4-day weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment