Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Liesure certainly is over

Not that they're killing me, but let's put it this way, I have two days on the job and it's taken me a day and a half to get caught up on my email. Seems to me that's a sure sign of eventually not having to worry about keeping busy.

I like this place. They are doing a whole bunch of stuff right, there's more stuff to be done, they recognize that, and they seem to be doing the right things to address the needs.

I was issued a laptop computer before lunch on my first day, and it worked right the first time. My phone worked from the get go as well. Everyone has been very pleased that I'm around and genuinely helpful.

What I hate is being the newby. Everybody knows more than I do about the nitty gritty stuff. I'll get over that rather quickly, I'm sure, but I still hate the starting-over part of the 'no worries' about having enough to do.

Well, by this time tomorrow I'll have added a full 33% more experience so my observations and attitudes have high potential of doing some shifting. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment