Sunday, March 15, 2009

OK, two weeks are up!

I've goofed off and done honey-do's for the last couple of weeks as planned. Taxes are largely calculated and ready to double-check. Rough ideas for job search strategy are coming together.

Tomorrow I get serious.

I plan to take full advantage of WWW technology to help. I've seen folks using Linked-In for quite some time, but ('cause I didn't need it) I never explored and found out how powerful a tool this could be. I also will expand on use of Facebook and Blogging. I'll take what I've learned messing around with these things, research people and sites that use these aps for commercial and marketing purposes and adapt the concepts to building a 'promote Jim' presence. Then combine all this with searching the ads and old fashioned applying for jobs.

Rob and Amanda were over for dinner last night. The girls went shopping for fabric to make curtains and other stuff for the nursery while Rob and I did manly stuff like watch the Last Samurai.

News from old Sara Lee indicates that I have lots of good company among those with former careers there. The Wednesday after I left, some 20 headquarters employees including several directors and VP's were released from duty. No slackers in the group. All high performers with tons of experience. Sad. In a year or so, when times have turned around, talent like was just disposed will be in high demand and very hard to come by.

And on an unrelated note, we had an interesting visitor to the back yard....see photo I've inserted of a juvenile Cooper's Hawk that was snacking on something in the spruce tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment